The Street, Pulham St Mary, Norfolk
Location: Postcode IP21 4RD
The Property: A charming 3 bedroom cottage with a contemporary extension. The property consists of a fitted kitchen in the older part of the property with oven; dish washer, washing machine and fridge freezer. The lounge area has restricted height of 2 meters with a lovely wood burner and original brick flooring. The extension offers an open plan dining room, bathroom with large walk in shower and bath; and ground floor bedroom. The other two bedrooms can be found on the first floor, both have the original wooden flooring with plenty of character; and one of the rooms has a walk in closet space.
Outside: The property has a patio area and parking to the front. A shed is also available.
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage connected. Central heating and water heating are by electrically operated system.
Terms of the Tenancy: The property will be let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy for an initial fixed term of a minimum of 12 months.
Rent: The rent, exclusive of all other outgoings and Council Tax will be £1025.00 per calendar month payable monthly in advance by standing order.
Tenancy Deposit: A Tenancy Deposit of five weeks rent will be payable to the Agent on signing the tenancy agreement. This will be held in a government approved deposit scheme by either the Landlord or the Agent.
Pets: A pet may be considered at the landlords discretion.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with the Agents.
Council Tax Band: B South Norfolk £1238.72
Applications: Applicants, once accepted in principle by the Landlord must pay a Holding Deposit of 1 week’s rent (£236) and complete an on-line application and undergo a full reference and credit check.
The Holding Deposit is refundable if:
1. The landlord accepts your application for the tenancy, in which case this will be carried forward towards the Tenancy Deposit and registered with TDS.
2. The Landlord decides not to let the property.
3. An agreement to rent the property is not reached before the ‘deadline to reach agreement’ and the tenant is not at fault.
The Holding Deposit will not be returned and will be retained by the letting agent and/or landlord if:
1. You decide not to proceed with the tenancy.
2. You provide false or misleading information which reasonably effects the Landlord’s decision to rent to you.
3. You fail a Right to Rent check.
4. Or fail to take all reasonable steps to enter into an agreement (i.e. responding to reasonable requests for information required to progress the agreement) when the landlord and/or agent has done so.
The ‘deadline for agreement’ for both parties is usually 15 days after a holding deposit has been received by a landlord or agent (unless otherwise agreed in writing).
Once you apply for a tenancy and pay a Holding Deposit you will be referenced. This process will include (but not be limited to) a check on your credit history, employment/income sources and current landlord. You will be sent a link by a reference provider. Please follow the link and provide the requested information. Once the reference report is complete this will be provided to the Landlord, and when we have their approval we will contact you to confirm a start date.